Thursday, March 26, 2009

Facebook Is Fun

Suburban car.


Not that it's a substitute for the actual writing I get to do on my blog, but I have been having fun making Top 5 lists on Facebook. Here are some of them:

Five Books I Love
As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Personal Memoirs, Ulysses S. Grant
Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurtry
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain

Five Albums I'm Listening To Right Now
[asha], Asa
Day After Tomorrow, Joan Baez
Liejacker, Thea Gilmore
Poseidon and the Bitter Bug, Indigo Girls
Sugarbird, Paul Reddick

Five Contemporary Novels That Blew Me Away
The Poisonwood Bible, Barbara Kingsolver
Liars and Saints, Maile Meloy
Inishowen, Joseph O'Connor
Yellow Jack, Josh Russell
On Beauty, Zadie Smith

What are some of your Top Five lists?...



R. I. P., Uriel Jones. Here he is drumming with Chaka Khan the Funk Brothers, his Motown session mates...

6 comments:

Ima Wizer said...

Top Five Favorite Foods:
Bar-B-Que
Bar-B-Que and mashed taters
Bar-B-Que and fried okra
Bar-B-Que and white bread
garlic cheese grits

Top Five Foods I can eat:
raw vegetables
fruits
soy pretend meat
soy cheese
brown rice

K. said...

I sense a conflict here...

Roy said...

I have a Facebook account, but I only use it for keeping in touch with members of my high school graduating class. I have too much stuff to do on my blog and on Gather.com to get involved with activities on FB.

Interesting to put a face on one of the faceless - the band that drove the Motown acts. It seems sad when the only time we get to put a face on any of them is in reading their obituary. Maybe it's a tribute to their talents that they do their job so well we don't even notice them. Hmmm...

Madam Miaow said...

The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien is strange, weird and very, very funny. I recommend this so much. G'wan, you'll love it.

Lolita is a a classic for a reason.

Animal Farm, 1984 and Homage To Catalonia by Orwell.

Knots by R D Laing kept me sane when I read it in my teens.

And now for something completely different ...

MAKE-UP

Clarins moisturiser

Max Factor black mascara (Maybelline is cheap but the black dries grey!)

Bobby Brown Alabaster foundation with SPF15 (plus their black eyeshadow and full range of brushes).

Mac liquid eyeliner

Benefit black kohl pencil - nice and thick and sticky.

K. said...

You've opened up a whole new world to me!

Frank Partisan said...

My friends strongly recommended I join Facebook. I was reluctant, but I talked myself into going along. I like it.

I'll add you tonight.