Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sunday Funnies & Arts














As always, click to enlarge. For more Boondocks, Tony Auth, Mother Goose and Grimm, Tom the Dancing Bug, Tom Toles, Zippy the Pinhead, and Ben Sargent, click herehere, here, here, here, here, and here...

Leonard Cohen has a new poem in The New Yorker here...

Hate movie night at the Capitol...

Mouse Medicine reviews Joan Baez...

Life in New Orleans: St. Rita's Catholic Church...



And last but certainly not least, Happy International Women's Day...

Sunday Gospel Hour: Billy Preston sings "That's The Way God Planned It" at the Concert for Bangla Desh:


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic video-- back in the day that was just about my favorite cut from the Bangladesh album; it's still great. Thanks.

Roy said...

Whooo! Billy got me all worked up! That was the highlight of the concert for me, too.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

leonard cohen is on tour, I had hoped to catch him in detroit (he's not coming to cleveland) but alas I didn't act fast enough and the only tickets available are something like 125 each....a little out of my range even for the great leonard. I guess he'll be one living musical icon I won't see live!

I see he'll be in seattle in april - I hope you'll catch the show and at least I can experience vicariously on citizen k!!

hey, sweet that you linked my 'review' - tee hee!

great vid.... that's the way..... good song to have going on in my head this morning.... well, now I gotta get moving! loved seeing a bit more of george at the end of the vid..wah....

K. said...

To All: I think Billy's performance must be everybody's highlight! As great as Dylan and Leon Russell are, "That's The Way God Planned It" is certainly the first thing that comes to mind when I recall that movie.

Mouse: We have tix for LC. They were expensive but not $125. I saw him back in the early Nineties and can't wait to see him again.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i look forward to hearing all about the cohen concert....you lucky duck!!