Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wyoming Will Be Your New Home


No law shall restrict a person’s natural right and power of contract to secure the blessings of liberty to choose private health care systems or private plans.
So says a law under consideration by the Wyoming state legislature. The law would impose a fine and a five-year jail term on any federal government official or employee or an employee of any corporation doing business with the federal government (read: hospitals) who attempts to "enforce" the Affordable Care Act in Wyoming.

I have it on good authority that the Constitutional originalists in Wyoming have access to James Madison's most closely guarded papers. Among them, they found this partial draft of the preamble to the Constitution:
...promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to choose private health care systems or private plans to ourselves and our Posterity...
Below the draft, the originalists read the following:
While I must to define the Blessings as meaning the Inalienable Right to private Health plans, I cannot. For yester even a mysterious man cloaked in Black waylaid me and told me that should I not remove These nine words from the Preamble, he and other Liberals would go to Dolly. And he described in great detail the Things the Liberals would do to my Wife while the Negroes came in from the fields to watch. As I could not bear this, I removed the Nine. I fear I have doomed the Nation to Government run Health care. Although it is the Liberals who have done This. It is always Them. 
So It is done. Now I must decide whether a Slave is 3/5's or 3/4's of a Person...
Upon reading this, the originalists looked at each other grimly. Wyoming would be the Constitution's new home. It would be safe there...

It was impossible to resist including the photo of a woman who depends on Medicare holding a sign objecting to government-run health care. Shooting fish in a barrel, I know, but sometimes the flesh is just too weak...

3 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Wyoming is a wide open place - except in the brain department. Idjits breed idjits.

Roy said...

**sigh** And this is the view of the US the rest of the world gets. We're coming across as a nation of congenital idiots.

Darlene said...

Remember who came to us from Wyoming; Dick Cheney and Alan Simpson. What can you expect from such a backward state?

It takes one to know one because I live in Arizona, another state now run by idiots.