Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three -- Make That Two -- Bags Full

A friend passed this on and dared me to link to it on my blog. Now, I'm way above making cheap jokes about its utility in the produce section or shopping for bowling balls. But, certain of my readers may not, and you are certainly welcome to make them in the comments section...

Pete Palmer's father provides the latest on The Great Waxahachie High School Indians T-Shirt Scandal, and it involves Citizen K. himself:

"The weirdest thing happened last week re: Pete's T-shirt lawsuit. At a hearing on the case, the school district's counsel tried to enter as evidence the quote from me you put in your blog about why we went with Liberty Legal Institute as our representative. The one where I call them an admittedly right wing organization. She said it fell into one of the exceptions to hearsay as a statement against interest made by me (a party) that showed our intentions were not really to enforce Pete's rights, etc. None of that would be relevant or damaging to our case even if true. The quote was really about what LLI's reasons were for taking the case. Again, none of that is relevant. (On top of that it was hearsay - it was not a statement I made at all; it was you quoting me.)

"The relevant thing as far as I'm concerned is how far afield the school district and it's counsel are willing to go to dredge up info on Pete. They must have someone googling him 24/7. No harm done; I just thought you would be interested.

"It just goes to show what bottom feeders the attorneys for the Waxahachie ISD are that they would try to slander a young person's reputation and call it a defense in a federal civil rights case. It shows how low the administrators are that they would permit it."

4 comments:

T. said...

This certain reader is calling your bluff.....bowling balls! Watermelons! I love the efficiency of this item: I get to the checkout and need a bag, so I quickly convert my foundation garment into a bag! Voila!

Scrumpy said...

Okay, my question... am I supposed to go in wearing this as a bra and come out wearing it as a bag? Because I'm not sure my local HEB would be too thrilled with my melons being uncontained. ;)

K. said...

LOL!

Frank Partisan said...

It would take a Jessica Simpson, wearing such a bra, to make it hip in the USA.