According to this piece of arrant propaganda, joining the National Guard means that you are
- a rock star
- a NASCAR racer
- a social worker winning the hearts and minds of grateful street arabs
- a fireman (will the right wing never stop exploiting the 9/11 dead?)
- a star in your very own war movie in which no one is killed or maimed by an IED
You are definitely not
- killed or maimed by an IED
- hated as an occupier by the local population
- shooting civilians
- inadequately trained for police work
- poorly armored
- losing a civilian job to serve as a cats-paw for discredited neocon ideologues
BTW, Kid Rock -- you're 37 and the maximum for enlisting in the Army or Army Reserves is 42. If this is so heroic and such a great thing, why don't you sign up?...
GOP congressman may not like the recovery package, but their governors sure do...
Buckle up: Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman says that the economy is in for a long, hard ride...
The Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology has canceled its scheduled convention in New Orleans because of the 2008 Louisiana Science Education Act, which permits public schools to teach alternatives to evolution:
The SCIB leadership could not support New Orleans as our meeting venue because of the official position of the state in weakening science education and specifically attacking evolution in science curriculum...
R.I.P., Luigi Paulino Alfredo Francesco Antonio Balassoni, a.k.a Louie Bellson. Here's to the man Duke Ellington called "the world's greatest drummer":