Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Funnies & Arts














Cajun Delights reports from the Festivals Creoles et Acadiens...


Reflecting the times at NOLA's Conservatory of Two Sisters...

Who has health insurance? Hint: It helps if you live in Vermont, Hawaii, Iowa, or Minnesota. It doesn't help so much if you're an adult living just about anywhere else, but particularly in the South, Southeast, or lower Midwest. (Thanks to Watergate Summer.)...

Race, class, and Katrina. (Thanks to Foxessa for pointing me to this amazing photo essay.)...

Down to Ochre Point. Who knew that Rhode Island could so dramatic?...

T. and I are off to today's must-win Seahawks' game. I'm not holding my breath...

Sunday Gospel Time: Pastor Shirley Caesar sings "He'll Do It Again:"

5 comments:

Roy said...

Heh, heh! That top Calvin & Hobbes made my day this morning (I get it in GoComics, too). There really is never, ever enough time to do nothing!

I kinda wish Rushbo's head had exploded when he heard the news, and Beck's, and Taitz's... They're still here, though. More's the pity.

And I keep trying to show you how dramatic the ocean off Newport is. All those surfing shots didn't convince you? Heh, heh!

Foxessa said...

I wish everybody ignored the big wind & company. Each of them get more attention than all the good 'uns put together, for instance Marcy Kaptur.

Vaquero's reading at Octavia Books last night went very well. He just kept reading and reading, and people just kept listening. Then there was a long q&a afterwards. NO is a city that loves history, music and books. No wonder it's so easy to think I want to live there.

Love, C.

K. said...

History, music, and books -- and food, don't forget! -- sounds about perfect to me.

Scrumpy said...

You must have loved the game!

K. said...

Let's just say that I was surprised and delighted. I still think that the 'Hawks have insurmountable limitations, but maybe this won't be another 4-12 season. Sunday's game -- at home against the Cardinals -- will tell a lot.