Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Funnies & Arts













As always, click to enlarge...

Listening to Willie on a lazy Sunday morning. Life can be pretty good sometimes...

JUST A SONG: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are Falling Slowly. If you didn't see Once, what are you waiting for? Read Roy's writeup of this song, read his review of the movie here, and put it in your Netflix queue...

SSSS IX...

Stones N' Bones...

Images of Bishop, Texas from Premium T....

RFB: Willow tree with sparrows in juncos in an Idaho snowstorm...


Too cold, Big Lake at City Park...

David Corn writes that Michael Steele is killing the Republican party...

Not the Nuacht: Ever wonder what The Onion would be like in Ireland? Now you know...

Sports Section
The Seahawks apparent decision to fire Jim Mora and hire Pete Carroll as coach is a real head-scratcher. For all I know, Carroll will be the another Vince Lombardi and coach the Hawks to repeated Super Bowl glory. And I could understand moving quickly if they were after someone like Tony Dungy or Bill Cowher, someone whose NFL stature and track record is such that they have to throw big money out, make a lot of commitments, and grab him before someone else does. But if there's a big pro market for Pete Carroll, I missed it. Why not include him as part of a diligent, far-ranging search? If emerged from something like that as the best candidate, Seahawks fans would feel a lot more comfortable. As it is, this smacks of a star-struck Paul Allen flashing his wad...The Red Sox are serious about building a team around pitching and defense. Their infield and outfield defense in the best in my memory and probably my father's, too. Whether that's enough to catch the Yankees is an open question, but from here it seems like a reasonable strategy to counteract the Yank's ability to sign the biggest bats on the free agent market...

3 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Heh-heh. The first one reminds me of myself. I love snow! We've got about 9 inches on the ground today. Yippee!

Roy said...

Yup, I saw that C&H this morning and said, "Hey! I didn't know Bill knew me when I was a kid!" And I haven't grown out of it yet; I just spent the whole day out in temps that never made it above 25ºF (-17ºC) with camera and binoculars, kicking snow and watching birds. Great fun!

Unknown said...

Here's hoping the Sox put the Yankees back in their place next year! Glad you liked the photo, & thanks!