Monday, February 22, 2010

Tuesday Rant

Good tidings from Connecticut: A Quinnpiac poll shows Holy Joe Lieberman so far behind that if things don't change quickly, his 2012 reelection is a "lost cause." As if to make amends for his many transgressions, Holy Joe wants to lead the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal bandwagon and bully for him. But any senator from Connecticut could do that without risk. Much better to dump the guy who also helped lead the Iraq war bandwagon, the McCain bandwagon, and the health care reform assassination bandwagon.

My dislike of Holy Joe goes back to this magic moment in the annals of sanctimony:



The man is a goiter, a malignant tumor on the face of the body politic. His pettiness, hypocrisy, egotism, and self-righteousness deface everything they near. Moreover, Lieberman regularly betrays his party and constituency for a few pieces of corporate silver from the defense, pharmaceutical, finance, and insurance, industries. Not unusual, perhaps, but he makes a point of explaining his votes as matters of conscience and independence as if he weren't in the back pockets of the usual suspects. 2012 can't come fast enough...

"Progressivism is the cancer in America and its eating our Constitution." So says Glen Beck, who also argues that progressivism must be "eradicated." As Jonathan Alter points out, this means that Beck believes that -- among other things -- women are second-class citizens, opposes technological advance and economic growth, and thinks that old people should eat cat food and die without complaint when they get sick. And that's just the 20th Century: Go back a few more and he'd probably come out for Jim Crow, oppose abolition, and stand tall against the American Revolution...

OK, you've starved the beast. Now what?...

Along Franklin Ave...

Many who did not see, feel, hear and taste the blood believe it should be so easy to wrap their head around, as if we could just send in a Mythic Disaster Manager and save a little girl, your mominem's little girl, I saw laying face down in the sunrise over a bloody Holy Cross, dead and alone, floating in the water with her eyes down, during that first week of the Federal Flood...

5 comments:

Roy said...

The political demise of a dirtbag like Lieberman is always a welcome thing. I wonder if he'll even bother to run for reelection?

K. said...

Good question. It wouldn't surprise me to see him change parties and have a go as a Republican. I think it will depend on whichever direction his ego most strongly pulls him.

Editilla~New Orleans Ladder said...

K, thanks for the link!

There are few bastards who engender such repugnance in my mind at the mere sound of their voice as Ho'Joe Lieberman.
He has a molester's grin.
And, I don't think he is within the "election process". I don't know whether it is Israel money or not (and I'm pro Israel... if they can be pro Palestinian). But I can see him getting re-elected because the forking re-elected him before. Connecticut Yankees just ain't what they used to be, eh?
Joe could suck a freight train up Capital Hill. Grrrrr. Don't get me started. I bet Hadassa whips him.
But you really out-did poor Editilla here so I'll just take my hat off, sit down and read it again.
Great post.
2012 has me creepin on a number of fronts.
Not only do I see a Coming Palinate, but...
I'm seeing...
Babar/Zephir 2012:
The Empire Strikes Back.

Your Word Verification Thingy (WFT) for this comment is: "labilly".
Labilly, I don't even want to go there. It is probably somewhere in the hills of Connecticut.

K. said...

L A 'billy! Maybe that'what Guy Clark had in mind when he wrote LA Freeway!

The pathetic part about Holy Joe is the he really does believe that he's voting his conscience and that hundreds of K's of insurance co campaign donation $$$ don't figure in. The contortions rationalizations he must subject himself to...

Here's to you old skinny Dennis
The only one I think I will miss
Say good-bye to the landlords for me
Sons-a-bitches always bore me
If I could just get off of that LA freeway
Without getting killed or caught...

Ima Wizer said...

Lieberman is oxymoron crap.
Editilla, you're marvelous. You, too, K!