"political commentator extraordinaire, lover of all things NOLA, fellow lover of the best in music, and especially fellow Red Sox diehard fanatic (Swing, Big Papi, swing!)."
Coming from an exceptionally talented guy who writes and photographs one of the best and most eclectic blogs out there, this award makes me prouder than usual to accept!
BTW, Roy has joined Just A Song as regular contributor. Read his first entry, about Cheryl Wheeler's harrowing "Addicted", here.
There are, of course, rules to accepting these awards, as is usual. For this award they are:
1) Grab the Award and link love the person from whom you got the award.I'm passing this award on to four New Orleans blogs by people who have kept the faith against long odds for nearly four years now. Congrats to
2) Pass the award to different bloggers who you think are deserving of this award.
3) Write a post about the award and there you’ll link the person who gave the award to you and those people who you’d like to pass the award.
4) Continue your passion in writing because your hard work will always be appreciated.
- The New Orleans Ladder. Day in and day out, Editilla collects news items and blog entries about Katrina politics and policy and NOLA culture into this fascinating compendium of life in the city that care may have forgotten but that still won't give up. His cayenne-flavored commentaries add spice to one of the best blogosphere gumbos out there. A labor of love if there ever was one.
- A new discovery for me, Cliff at Cliff's Crib writes with near perfect pitch about the nexus of social policy, politics, and the daily life of the individual. Plus, like any good Gulf Coaster, he can bitch about the heat with the best of 'em!
- As near as I can tell, Susanna Powers of angels and people/life in new orleans carries her camera with her everywhere she goes. Accumulated, her photographs comprise an honest, compelling portrait of a fascinating city.
- Steve Buser's New Orleans Daily Photograph celebrates life in the Crescent City with appropriate joie de vivre. His bird pictures, particularly of egrets, are not to be missed. They make one suspect that Steve might be part egret himself...
I get it: Nice mugs. (Hats off to anyone who gets that old movie allusion.)...
Team Witchcraft, 2012...