Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Funnies and Arts






















As always, click to enlarge...

It Was 235 Years Ago Today Dept:
I suppose that the teaggers will claim this, too. Well, they can't have it. My father read it to me and I read it to my kids...

St. Vincent de Paul store...

What I'm Listening To is a new feature on the Citizen K. sidebar: It features an album that lately has been prominent in the CK playlist. Click on the picture of the cover to go to the artist's web site or to read a review...

Just A Song: "Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)

Over at Back of Town, guest blogger Sam Jasper says that Treme gets it exactly right...

Photographer Dan Burkholder and The Color of Loss in New Orleans. Yes, these are photographs...

Trombone Shorty talks about Treme, his new album, and supafunk rock. He blows a mean horn, too (Thanks, Editilla):



Whatever the new health care law is, it ain't socialized medicine (alas). Saul Friedman explains exactly why that's the case...

Sol Hurok: The impresario's impresario...

WARNING: Reading this may cause your blood pressure to rise...

Just whose husbands were they talking about?...

El Yuma takes a class to NOLA Super Sunday and finds time to shoot great parade pictures. If you thought those were good, these are even better -- and there's video, too (thanks, Foxessa!)...

Rendez Vous des Cajuns...

A day in Roma...

William Shakespeare: The greatest playwright in the history of the western world, or provincial clown?...

What do Guy Clark, Nancy Sinatra, Elvis, and Tony Joe White have in common?

I've watched this video about 137 times since I discovered it last Friday. The video is grainy, but the performance...Ladies and gentleman, Jorma Kaukonen and David Bromberg play "Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning":

1 comment:

Roy said...

Oooh! That video takes me right back to the first Hot Tuna album. Great stuff! And Band of Heathens is interesting, to say the least.

I definitely sympathize with Calvin when I buy stuff on the web; it always seems like such a looong wait!

Great stuff this week. Thanks!