Friday, June 26, 2009

The Emerald Isle Awaits


Tomorrow, Premium T. and I leave for our annual sojourn to Ireland -- the Emerald Isle, the Auld Sod, or (as an Irish-American priest once told me) the Holy Land. I'll blog less regularly, but hopefully with greater interest. I'll have some great pictures, at least!...

This is not good for 50-year Polish men...

If this is a joke, then I'm an ape. What gets me is the "I'm sorry if I've offended anyone" apology, which is typical conservative weaseling when they've been caught out. Rusty, this is an apology:
I apologize for making a vicious and offensive racial slur. I especially apologize to the First Lady and to her family, who have enough on their plate without an idiot like me adding to the burden.
Oh, and blaming the person you've slurred is about as low as it gets. (Thanks to KLou.)...
Stick figure at prayer...


Friday's Choice. R. I. P. Michael Jackson:

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Have wonderful trip. Lift a pint for all of us and send us pictures, please. If the pictures come with a bit of history, so much the better.

Roy said...

Have a great visit (or do we call this a pilgrimage?). And try not to come down with Guinness Elbow!

Where in Ireland are you going? If you get over to the West Coast, check out Matt Malloy's pub in Westport, Co. Mayo. I'm told the nightly sessions are fantastic!

K. said...

ZY: Consider it lifted!

Roy: Our place is right outside Westport. I've been to Matt Molloy's many times. The sessions are indeed fantastic.

Foxessa said...

You will be having a wonderful stay.

Am much looking forward to T's photos.

I hope her blogspot will be loading again, because it hasn't been loading for me for a while now.

Love, C.

Scrumpy said...

I do hope that you both have a wonderful trip!

I know that you are crazy busy, but next time you check in, can you please recommend some more books about Chicago I might like? I loved Devil in the White City and I'm ready for more.

Annette said...

Have a wonderful trip, I wish I could go.. Ireland, England and Australia are the 3 places I have always wanted to visit.

Will miss you and be thinking of you but know you will be having fun.

Sylvia K said...

Have a marvelous trip! Have to admit to being a bit envious -- Ireland is where all my relatives came from and I've always wanted to visit there. Have traveled a lot, but never got there. Kiss the Blarney Stone for me! Will miss you, happy to know you'll be having a terrific time!