Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Funnies & Arts


















As always, click to enlarge. For more Pat Oliphant, Tom Toles, Ben Sargent, and Calvin and Hobbes, click here, here, here, and here...

Rushbo Stupidism of the Week:
Empathy is nothing more than spirit or feelings or what have you, so based -- and -- but there's one caveat to this: empathy is a code word when Obama talks about judges having it. All he means by it is, "I want people who are racists and bigots on my Supreme Court who are always going to find for minorities and the underprivileged simply because they've gotten the shaft all their lives. I want people on my court who are going to rule against the so-called rich and the so-called powerful because they have carried the day for too long. So I -- empathy is just a code word for somebody who has sympathy for the downtrodden...

Miles Davis plays Michael Jackson's "Human Nature", with Kenny Garrett on flute and tenor sax:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the cartoons...and a day with Calvin & Hobbes is DEFINTELY a day with sunshine!

Check David Horsey's cartoon at Seattle Post-Intelligencer regularly. He has some classics.
Here is the link:

http://www.seattlepi.com/horsey/

Ima Wizer said...

WHY do I get so angry whenever I read anything Rushbo says? Hmmmmm???

I mean I know he's a nutjob, completely insane, yet it bothers me GREATLY, DAMMIT! TO HELL AND DAMNATION WITH THE JERK! HANG THE F~*^ER!

Foxessa said...

Are you there yet?

Love, C.

Roy said...

Rushbo also thinks Obama caused Mark Sanford to take off to Argentina. No, I didn't make that up; this is too weird even for fiction. Read it here.

K. said...

Rush had T. and I rolling in the aisles with that one. Huge laughs, as Rip Torn used to say on The Larry Sanders Show. A Republican defying all logic! Imagine that.