Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Funnies & Arts









As always, click to enlarge...


"E" is for Ecology. It also happens to be the most commonly used letter, appearing 56 times more often than "Q". Read all about it here...

What if President Bush had wanted to speak to my kids? I would tell them that while I didn't agree much with him, other people did and that they should respect that. I wouldn't worry too much about indoctrination into a cult of personality because I raised my kids to have strong personalities that would shield them from cults based on -- say -- a president climbing out of a jet fighter to announce "Mission Accomplished."

The tea bagger "furor" over President Obama advising children to stay in school and pursue their educations is nothing more than, well, a tempest in a teapot. Although I must admit that the sheer stupidity and underlying racial animus did make my jaw drop. Gotta hand it to them: Just when you think that they can't sink lower, they do. Anyway, here's a simple solution to the so-called problem: Every year at the beginning of school, the president -- regardless of party -- addresses school kids about the value and importance of education. If they want to throw in a few things about initiatives being taken by their administration, I have no problem with that as long as they report on the progress the next year. Sheesh...

You think the wingnuts would have the same problem with Sarah Palin speaking to children? Just wondering...

After Katrina, NOLA's musically rich Treme neighborhood is shrinking...

T. and I often go to the Redmond Saturday Market because the produce is so outstanding. See what I mean in her pictures here...




2 comments:

JollyRoger said...

The Klanservatives have almost completely tossed off their masks now and the racism is an ugly thing to behold.

No one should be surprised; just a little scratching will net you "teabagger" leaders who also either are themselves, or have ties to, National Alliance cells. The NA, for those who may have forgotten, once counted Tim McVeigh among its members.

Roy said...

My comment to one person who was foaming at the mouth about the President speaking to school children was: "Is your belief in your political ideology so fragile that one 15-minute work-hard-and-stay-in-school speech by the President is gonna destroy it?" I never got an answer, not even contemptuous snark.