Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ad Man

If you're like me, you don't live in a battleground state and so don't see Obama or McCain television spots. While this probably a good thing, it can make me feel out of touch at times. Here's a little of what I've missed, starting with one called "Mother":




This is an attack ad called "Honor":




Finally, an issues ad aimed at women:


And just to show that we're fair and balanced at Citizen K., we'll let the NRA weigh in:

"Tax returns of gambling stake,/In the cauldron boil and bake;/Eye of Christian and toe of Jew,/Drums of war – throw in a slew,/Soldier’s tongue and Hannity’s sting,/Keating’s leg and Palin’s wing..." Yes, it's the tragedy of MacCain...

Palin Watch: Tom Friedman isn't my favorite liberal, but he has an awfully good question for Sarah Palin: "Governor Palin, if paying taxes is not considered patriotic in your neighborhood, who is going to pay for the body armor that will protect your son in Iraq?" More here...Meanwhile, conservative writer David Brooks describes Palin as "a fatal cancer to the Republican party" here...

Did you know that no matter who you are or what you believe, 60,000,000 people will vote for the other guy? Shocking...

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Have to admit I'm glad I we stopped our TV service, it was way too expensive to begin with and besides, everything I need or want to know -- and a lot I don't, I can find on the web. It's pretty scary these days and one always has to be wary of the desperate and that's what McCain and Palin are right now. Good post!

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of wondering why Obama has TV ads running in Texas. More power to him, I suppose, but that's probably money better spent elsewhere. He's preaching to the choir in my precinct.

K. said...

I'm surprised to hear that he has TV in Texas; it would take a miracle for him to win there. Maybe he wants a beach head in case a wave develops?

T. said...

The NRA ad is so ridiculous I have to remind myself it's the real thing, not SNL.

Unknown said...

I had to listen to that NRA ad three times because I thought it ended by saying "GunDownObama" instead of "AtGunBanObama". Really! Try listening to it again. You don't think that was on purpose, do you? Repulsive!

T. said...

josh, that's what I heard also, but couldn't bring myself to write those words when I was commenting!

Unknown said...

actually that was me, who wrote this. not josh. i was just signed on to his google. yuck, huh?

Foxessa said...

Her son won't be under fire.

Moreover her best friends hate the United States. Read all about it.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/10/10/palin_chryson

I have a link to much nicer video. Be sure to wear your dancing shoes!

Love, C.